Novellix. A swedish publisher focusing only on novels.
Somebody app by Miranda July.
Canalside View by Head of Planning at Wieden+Kennedy Amsterdam Martin Weigel.
PSFK SKILLS OF THE ROCKSTAR PLANNER
INTUITIVE PROBLEM SOLVING = CONNECT
- Transforms things into something interesting.
- (1) Laying out the problem to (2) solving the problem.
- Connecting two completely different dots. (1) One thing from here with (2) One thing over there.
- It’s okay if it’s messy.
- It’s okay if it’s wrong.
- Find the core idea of the brand.
COMMUNICATING IDEAS = EXCITE
- Express the same thing in various ways.
- Simplify something complex.
- Get people excited about ideas.
- Give ideas away.
- Problem, answer, insight, method
INSATIABLE CURIOSITY = CURATE
- Be interested in everything.
- Curiosity about people.
- Function as a curator of stuff.
- Passion for: (1) culture, (2) technology and (3) communication.
- Ability to come up with ideas.
- Understand what is going to happen.
HUMAN CONDITION = FIND
- Inhabit their mental space.
- Be the “bullshit detector”.
- Find out what people “actually do” - not what they - “say they do”.
ROLLING UP YOUR SLEEVES = DO
- Do not just “philosophise” - “do stuff”.
- Bring ideas to life - e.g. film stuff, find stuff, do stuff.
We Pop Up. The Story of the Pop Up Agency.
Old Spice “Soccer” by Wieden + Kennedy. Simply great. Again.
JIBO - “the family robot” - got the looks of Wall-E:s best friend and is resembling an updated Furbee set in Spike Jonze’s Her.